DAY 2: MULTI-ACTOR DIALOGUE EXCHANGE
DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
TIME*: 12:30 - 5:00 PM INDIA STANDARD TIME (IST) / 7:00-11:30 AM (UTC)
*You can use this time conversion table to convert from IST to your time.
The following details the timing, topics, and process for Day 2.
The half-day online event will utilize Open Space Technology (OST) facilitation. OST as defined by leading facilitator Chris Corrigan is:
- A simple, powerful way to catalyze effective working conversations and truly inviting organizations — to thrive in times of swirling change.
- A methodological tool that enables self-organizing groups of all sizes to deal with hugely complex issues in a very short period of time.
- A powerful group process that supports positive transformation in organizations, increases productivity, inspires creative solutions, improves communication and enhances collaboration.
- The most effective process for organizations and communities to identify critical issues, voice to their passions and concerns, learn from each other, and, when appropriate, take collective responsibility for finding solutions.
Four Principles and One Law
Open Space operates under four principles and one law. The four principles are:
1. Whoever comes are the right people.
2. Whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened.
3. When it starts is the right time.
4. When it's over it's over.
The Law is known as the Law of Two Feet: "If you find yourself in a situation where you are not contributing or learning, move somewhere where you can." The four principles and the law work to create a powerful event motivated by the passion and bounded by the responsibility of the participants.
Day 2 is designed to utilize OST facilitation to catalyze dialogue on the theme of solutions for advancing community-scale hydropower for the climate and economic resilience in the GBMS basins.
12:30 - 1 PM IST, Welcome & Overview
The half-day event will commence with opening remarks, introductions, and event overview.
- Welcome and Participant Intros, Nalori Chakma, International Rivers
- Overview of Community Hydro in GBMS Regions, "How We Got Here", and OST Orientation, Dipti Vaghela, Hydro Empowerment Network
Creating Open Space
1 - 1:30 PM IST, Open Space Technology (OST) Setup
The event will move into establishing the key components of OST.
- Collaborative Agenda Setting
- Short break
- Marketplace Wall
1:30 - 2:45 PM IST, Open Space Round 1
Using the OST principles, the 1st round of participant-led interactive dialogue will take place.
- Convene Round 1
- Report Back
3:15 - 4:30 PM IST, Open Space Round 2
Using the OST principles, the 2nd round of participant-led interactive dialogue will take place.
- Convene Round 2
- Report Back
4:30 - 5 PM IST, Summary and Next Steps
The event will close with a collective prioritization of the emerging insight and open thoughts by participants on follow up steps.
- Prioritization of Ways Forward
- Closing Circle